Have we talked about it?

Monday, December 19, 2011

Why Justin Timberlake Should Make Music Again...

Hello everyone. I am the other part of the duo that is the know-it-alls;  the "Joe" of Colt and Joe.  (Forgive me if any of this does not make any sense, for I am somewhat inebriated. :D) ANYWAY, I hope that with this first post you will take away some insight and revelation as to why we need Justin Timberlake to make music again.

(Now I realize that some of this may not make any sense to you as, I, Joe Fatani, admit that I am a huge JT fan, and I take the liberty to assume that you may not be.  Nonetheless, I do believe that this former Mickey Mouse Clubber possess huge talent and that there is not many, if any, artists who can blend musical styles and produce such unique, beautiful songs as Mr. Timberlake.)

ALRIGHT. Enough with the disclaimers already. The reasons why we need Justin Timberlake to make music again is, first of all, THERE IS NO ONE ELSE MAKING HIS KIND OF MUSIC.  As I said before, no one else can blend the musical genres of Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B, and even Electronica, as Justin does, and still make a great hit song.  Everything, from his writing (See "What Goes Around") to musical arrangement (See "Lovestoned/I Think That She Knows") to just pure bold SWAG (See "Cry Me A River" OR "Sexyback"), is just flawless.  I can't find anyone else who does this like Justin Timberlake.

Now, I must admit, the reason these songs are as great as they are is not all due to Mr. Timberlake, as he had a great heap of help from a little known producer named Timbaland.  Now Timbaland is an amazing producer, I acknowledge this. BUT,  of all the other Timbaland produced albums out there, no other one is on the same level in creativity and depth as FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS.

Now, for those of you who are up to date on everything that is new in music, you may have known that JT has recently put a new song out called, "Words I Say." This new song is significantly different as it features more of an organic sound, rather than the more technological sound of his aforementioned last album.  I hope that this is a glimpse of the future, as this song features not only Justin's trademark voice, but also shows more musicianship on his part as there is a full fledged guitar solo in the song.  I like this new direction because if this is a preview of what's to come, it would full round out his music repertoire.

So, there you have it.   Those are my reasons why Justin should make music again.  And if you don't believe me, you should. Because I KNOW_IT_ALL. -Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment